Auctions are One Option for Selling Your Baseball Memorabilia
If you are ready or thinking about selling all or part of your collection, here are some places to consider.
SCP Auctions Accepting Consignments
SCP Auctions is actively seeking consignments for their upcoming Internet Auction of Important Sports Memorabilia & Cards. If you’ve decided it’s time to liquidate some of your sports cards or memorabilia, we want to hear from you!
Founded in 1979, SCP Auctions has brought some of the most historically significant and valuable cards and memorabilia to market including the famous T206 Honus Wagner card ($2.8 million), the bat Babe Ruth used to hit the first home run in old Yankee Stadium ($1.265 million) and Barry Bonds’ record-breaking No. 756 home run ball ($752,467).
Lansing, IL (December 16, 2010) – Legendary Auctions, a leading Sports and Americana auction house, announced that the recent sale of The Bill Mastro Collection substantially exceeded presale estimates and set a new record. A signed original handprint of Babe Ruth was sold for a price that would make most peoples’ palms sweat. The unique, mint condition handprint sold for $222,000, more than doubling all previous auction records for a sports item signed by an athlete. (To date, only signed game used items have eclipsed this lofty amount.)
According to Doug Allen, President & CEO of Legendary Auctions, bidding on the handprint was heated, and extended well into the early morning hours with several collectors engaged. “There is no secret to the item’s appeal,” said Allen. “Everyone who views the handprint is compelled to place their own hand over it. This is as close to the Babe and that era of baseball history as a collector can get.” In addition, Allen noted, “the record price is a testament to the fact that regardless of the soft economy, great items still achieve great prices.”
The origin of the handprint dates to July, 1934. Palm reader Alice Denton Jennings published an article in an issue of Baseball Magazine entitled “The Hand of George Herman Ruth: A Character Analysis of the Famous Babe’s Paw.” Her in-depth decoding of his handprint confirmed traits of powerful leadership, superior sportsmanship and keen observation. Jennings personally obtained the print from Ruth, and it was utilized as the visual centerpiece for the article.
To partner with an auction house dedicated to maximizing the value of your fine collectibles, visit legendaryauctions.com or call us today at (708) 889-9380.
Coming in January
CCANet14 with 200+ affordable lots ofcards, autographs and memorabilia.
Coming in February
CCA29 with 300+ lots of quality collectiblesincluding 1950s and 1960s baseball sets and partial sets,a Thurman Munson single-signed balland scarce football autographs includingHeisman winner Bruce Smith.
A new collector-friendly auction each month. The collector’s alternative to high-priced big-lot auctions and multiple-user auction sites. Contact us at www.auctionscc.com or 724-446-3079.
Kevin Savage Cards
We are a full time sports collectibles business with offices located in Maumee, OH. (A suburb of Toledo, OH.). If you have a collection for sale- regardless of location- please give us a call at (866) 861-2330 to set up an appointment or to simply discuss the details of your collection. We have been in business since 1983 and have served tens of thousands of collectors over the years. We have built our business on strong customer service, fair and accurate grading, and standing behind our products and services. If you have a collection for sale- call Pat or Kevin toll free at 866-861-2330.
You can visit our website and view both our SCD Auctions, eBay auctions, as well as Sale Items in our On-Line Store. Signing up for our NO HAMMER FEE auctions is simple by visiting the website or calling us at the above toll free number. We offer two on-line auctions per week with the upcoming auction schedule:
• Auction #1743 Ending Wednesday, January 5th, 2011
• Auction #1744 Ending Thursday, January 6th, 2011
• Auction #1745 Ending Wednesday, January 12th, 2011
• Auction #1746 Ending Thursday, January 13th, 2011
Goodwin & Co.
Reasons to consign to Goodwin & Co
• 0% commissions. You will not be charged a sellers commission at Goodwin & Co. In fact, we have never charged any consignor a commission.
• No hidden charges. You will not be charged for grading or authentation.
• There are no duplication of lots. Your item will be the lone example in our auction.
• Goodwin & Co has built a sterling reputation, with more than 23 years in the industry.
• We are fully insured — both on the premises and at collector events. We will gladly furnish you a copy of our insurance policy.
• Results — we have consistently set record prices for our consignors.
• Your consignment will not get lost in our catalog with large photos, in depth descriptions, and more catalog space dedicated to your lot than any of our competitors.
Contact us at www.GoodwinAndCo.com
Mile High Card Company
After our successful $2.8 Million dollar November auction, Mile High Card Co is currently seeking items for our spring 2011 auction. Our most desired items include:
• Exceptionally High Grade PSA & SGC Cards
• Extremely Significant Pre-war Rarities
• PSA & SGC Completely Graded Sets
• 19th Century Cards
• Game-used Jerseys and Bats
• Vintage Type I Photos and High End Autographed Items.
Consign with MHCC today. We will be accepting consignments through mid-January. Call our offices at (303) 840-2784 to discuss your high quality consignments. www.MileHighCardCo.com
The Only True Auction for Collectors
No other auction house gives its customers this much excitement!
• All Lots Starting at $9.99
• No Reserves
• No Buyers Premium
• No Excessive Shipping/Handling Charges
• 1000s of cards, bulk lots graded cards, photos and memorabilia selling weekly
• Every lot comes with 100% guarantee/full refund policy
Now open for bidding. Click here
Thinking of Selling?
Great reasons to call 4thelovofcards
• As collectors who run their own auction, we can afford to pay you more! Stop waiting for your consignment to sell. Tired of waiting for your check and paying commission fees? Call Now!
• Up to $1,000,000 available
• Generous referral bonuses paid
• All calls confidential
• Will travel by appointment only
• 4thelovofcards is an SGC preferred vendor
• We are actively looking for collections/accumulations of cards, autographs, photos, programs and memorabilia
Baseball Football Basketball Hockey Boxing Golf
phone: 908-596-0976 Ask for Bill